The play takes place in a decaying manor and is a meeting place for different generations. Fear of change, uncertainty and selfish aspirations collide with a romantic desire. This is a very interesting new interpretation of the classic.
How difficult it is to let go of the old and encounter the new when the whole world seems to be constantly changing! For some, the consequences are tragic, others are lucky and then there are those amused by the comic carousel of life. All of this keeps vibrating and bobbing up to the surface in a performance that empathises with the destinies of its characters.
- Written by Anton Chekhov
- Finnish translation by Teemu Kaskinen
- Directed by Helka-Maria Kinnunen
- Staging and lighting design by Jukka Laukkanen
- Sound design by Juho Lukinmaa
- Costume design by Riitta Raunio
- Choreography by Sari Palmgren (visiting)
- Hair and make-up by Riikka Hakamäki
- Props by Ralina Matikainen
On stage Antti Hovilainen, Anna Kankila (visiting), Veikko Leinonen (visiting), Salla Loper, Sari Palmgren (visiting), Jukka Peltola, Inkeri Raittila, Tom Salminen, Mika Silvennoinen, Heidi Syrjäkari, Satu Turunen and Jose Viitala