You will hear a brand-new broadside ballad on the burning of a bakery in Kajaani, a shanty on the tasty bread of an ancient pharaoh and, finally, the song of sourdough, that living essence of bread. The music composed by Jari Rättyä for the performance is powerful blues from Kainuu, half of it made of pine and half of cosmic whole grain.
The Voi leipä! show Invites viewers of all ages to the basic components of humanity: bread, song and stories.
- Manuscript by Anni Mikkelsson, Jari Rättyä and working group
- Direction and dramaturgy Anni Mikkelsson
- Music Jari Rättyä
- Scenography and costumes by Markku Hernetkoski
- Light design by Henri Py
- Sound design by Sinikka Isoniemi
- Hair and make-up by Riikka Hakamäki
Actors and musicians on stage Juho Hannikainen, Saara Karjalainen, Janne Kinnunen, Jari Rättyä and Vera Veiskola
The joint production of the Kajaani City Theatre and the Vaara Collective has been funded by the Kainuu Fund of the Finnish Cultural Foundation, Jenny and Antti Wihuri Fund and the Niilo Helander Foundation.