A cooperative granary built in 1910 has been transformed into the Paltamo Museum of local history. The grain bins of the three-floor granary have been renovated to serve as exhibition sections.
The museum collections consist of artefacts related to the peasant culture, tools for different professional groups and objects related to the history of the municipality and the parish. The interior of a travelling school is also on display, and the corner of an old cabin has been furbished on the upstairs of the museum. The museum was opened in August 1962. The granary was moved next to the museum building in summer 2011.
The Museum of local history is owned by the Paltamo-Seura association. The museum is open in June and July. It is a great place to visit for people of all ages with an interest in local history. The museum building is not accessible.