The church was designed by architect Josef Stenbäck, who, together with his wife, also painted an altarpiece that is a replica of Edvard Gebhard’s Last Supper in 1906.
The church was completed between 1905 and 1906, and it was inaugurated on 1 January 1907 as the church of the Second Coming of Christ. The architectural style represents romantic nationalism and Jugendstil. The church can accommodate approximately 400 people. The church has a 13-flute pipe organ. An accessible toilet is located in an adjacent parish building. The induction loop is most audible downstairs. The funeral viewing area is located in a nearby cemetery service building.